Thursday, June 5, 2008

In the Garden


Well it's the first week of June and it has been a very cool spring. The tomato plants are not very big, but there are blossoms on the plants so maybe we will have tomatoes after all.






I just harvested some radishes but forgot to take a picture of them . The lettuce is doing fine, but I did have to squish to death some caterpillars that were munching on the lettuce.










The sugar snap peas are growing, but no peas yet as you can see from the pictures.




I also took some pictures of the herb garden. The oregano is taking over, but that's ok because the bees love the blossoms. The chives are doing well. I am going to plant some more thyme but I can't find a rosemary that is hardy enough for zone 5. I also planted some oriental poppies that are gorgeous but don't last long.













Here is one of the poppies. Beautiful isn't it?

No comments: